I’m not going to talk your ear off today, but mainly wanted to give you a few tips that could potentially prolong that sexy skin of yours. I want to point out 5 skincare mistakes that you can easily avoid.
1. Sleeping in makeup – Don’t act like you’ve never done it. I remember being in my early 20’s, and enjoying the nightlife. By the time I would roll in the door, usually around 2-4 a.m. I could have cared less about my face at that time of morning. Plus I thought it was kind of nice to wake up still as glamorous as I was the night before. Well I’m wiser now and removing my makeup is the first thing I do when I get home. Sleeping in makeup can prevent the skin from renewing itself naturally at night, which can lead to acne and blackheads. This tip brings me to my next one….
2. Working out with makeup on – Our pores open when we sweat and the makeup seeps down deeper into those pores along with dirt and bacteria, and waaaaaa you have a recipe for acne. Some folks do like I mentioned earlier, they simply neglect to take their makeup off before going to bed. Others, and I have seen this, actually wake up with a clean face, and put on makeup to go to the gym. There is something to be said about a woman that does that, but I will save that for a post of its own.
3. Picking pimples – This can cause hyperpigmentation, (dark spots) on your face. It ruptures the skins surface, which leads to more breakouts. If you don’t stop because you don’t want black spots on your face, at least do it for the sake of being a nasty little habit that you want deliverance from. I once saw this chick at a restaurant picking away at her face. Ugh it was sooo disgusting. Yeah, please don’t do that either…EVER!
4. Sleeping on your face – Who does this?? Well apparently me because I woke up the other day with creases in my face. And I’m not talking about the lines from the sheet or pillowcase. These were creases. Sleeping on your face can cause unwanted fine lines and wrinkles, especially if you are doing it consistently. I must have been sleeping too darn good. I’m going to have to start remembering to roll over. Sheesh!
5. Taking ridiculously hot showers – This dries out your skin. Lukewarm water is better. Is it extremely comfortable? Well no, not to me because I am an avid hot shower til I fog up the bathroom and fall out type of chick, but that’s going to change. At least for a few days out of the week. Wink!
So, that’s all I have for ya today. See, I told you I wouldn’t hold you long.
The Body is a precious commodity. Nourish it. Love it!
Jay, your #SkincareStarlet