*Please note the links in this post are in association with our affiliate partners.
Alright, time to wrap up the holidays. Christmas is 2 days away and New Years Eve is 8 days away. So you know what that means. Let’s get ready to party and bring in 2015 in style! Let’s get you ready to turn heads at your NYE party!!
Accessories can literally make or break your dress. Depending on what you are wearing, too much can take away from the dress and too little can make the dress look drab. You have to find happy medium and it’s really quite simple. First, you want to examine the dress carefully. Are there intricate details? Frilly embellishments? Funky patterns? If you answer yes to any of those questions you would definitely want to go with the minimum such as a thin dainty chain with a small pendant (not really much to say about that). However, if you have a plain LBD (Little Black Dress) or any dress for that matter, then let’s talk about making a statement!!
Here recently “Statement Necklaces” have made their way onto the scene. Whether you are dressing up for work, or a night out on town, these trendy neck candies can compliment any solid color garment and sometimes print. What is a statement necklace? Well the name says it all. Large, bold and colorful is the best way to describe it. It’s.. making a statement. It’s saying hey watch this black shirt go from “Umm ok” to “Oh wow!!”. In this case we are taking your NYE party dress to the next level! It’s all about having fun and grabbing attention. Here are some tips on how to shop for the perfect statement necklace to compliment your style:
1. Play around with colors: Who says you have to stick with one color? Wearing a Navy blue dress? Opt for something something hot pink! Have fun with it!!
2. Bare skin is the best: If you have a strapless dress or something with a plunging V-neck, any style or color will be perfect against your bareskin!
3. Animal print? No problem: Pick a color.. any color!! Leopard, Zebra… etc… all goes good with a solid color necklace!
4. Pearls, Pearls, and more pearls: That’s right, layer your pearl necklaces!
5. Plain and Bold: Yep, there is such a thing. Opt for something neutral with a funky shape!
Take a look at some of my favorites.. Oh and I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t mention that these are all under $30!!
So now that you know what to look for in “Neck Candy” time to shop!!!!
Until next time!!!
Shop the look!
If you would like to purchase any of the “Neck Candy” in the post, below are the links! Also don’t forget to check out AllFrillsBeauty.com online boutique for all of your accessory needs!!