I don’t know if its the fresh season, or if its because my tastes have changed as I’ve gotten older, but I’ve definitely been drawn to that “fresh faced” makeup look more than ever. I remember when I was younger, I didn’t feel like my makeup was looking right if you couldn’t see it from across the room. But these days, a soft a subtle makeup look is my go to look.
How I Achieve My No Makeup Makeup Look
- Find a good concealer to smooth out your complexion. Concealer is great for covering blemishes and imperfections, but if you get a good match it can also be great to smooth out your skin tone. Like many people, my eyelids are darker, especially when I’m tired. Using the concealer like a cream base on my eyelids makes a stunning transition.
- Lighten up on the contouring. Contouring and highlighting can either make or break the “natural” in your natural look. Try contouring with a shade lighter than you usually one, maybe one or two shades deeper than your natural skin tone… and blend well.
- Highlight with a warmer color. My favorite product to highlight with these days is Ben Nye Luxury Powders – Banana
- Tone down your blush. Stay in the warmer tones for blush, and when you do blush just use a small touch. The idea is to add a smidgen of color to your face to give a healthy glow vs the bold pinks colors that evening looks use.
- Keep your mascara to one coat. I’m usually a fan of several coats of mascara, since I don’t like wearing false lashes every day. This is a time when one coat and lots of combing is the best way to go.
Let me know what your favorite “No Makeup Makeup” tips are.