I absolutely love me some coconut oil! But I think I love saving money even more, and coconut oil definitely helps me do that with its many uses. So if I were you, I would get to the nearest health food store and grab a jar. This list could definitely be longer, but I don’t think you have that kind of time on your hands, so here’s a quick 20 to get you started.
- Gives you silkier legs
- Rub it into your nails for softer cuticles
- Soothes eczema breakouts
- Great for glossing your lips
- Removes eye makeup
- Frizzy hair tamer
- Helps to heal wounds
- Good for sunburned, parched bodies
- Diaper cream – rub right onto babies bottom
- It’s been said that it helps prevent stretch marks during pregnancy
- Gets rid of cradle cap in babies. Massage it into the baby’s head, wash, and rinse. You can use a soft baby brush to help loosen the flakes
- Mix it with Shea Butter to make a skin nourishing moisturizer
- Use it nightly on cracked heels for relief and moisture
- Use it as a natural shaving cream
- Add sugar to make a light moisturizing sugar scrub
- New mommies can use coconut oil as a natural soothing nipple cream
- Swishing with a spoonful of oil in your mouth for 15 minutes can help clear up germs in the mouth leading to fresher breath.
- Use 2 parts antibacterial soap and 1 part coconut oil to clean your makeup brush
- Mix baking soda, arrowroot powder, cornstarch, scent and coconut oil for a DIY Deodorant
- Melt 2 tbs of coconut oil in 1 cup of hot water and pour onto hair for a deep conditioning treatment. Leave on overnight or sit under a hair dryer with plastic cap. Shampoo hair twice to remove all of the coconut oil.
Until next time….